This Mango Spinach Smoothie is chock full of goodness! It's smooth, creamy, and delicious! Made with only 5 ingredients, it's a perfect quick, healthy breakfast, lunch-on-the-go, post-workout refresher, or mid-afternoon pick-me-up. What a great way to eat spinach!
Are you looking for a way to get more fresh greens into your diet without tasting them? Blend lots of raw spinach with mango and banana. All you'll notice of the spinach is its beautiful, chlorophyll-rich green colour. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and grain free.
- Mango - I prefer a nice, ripe, fresh mango for my smoothies. While frozen mango is convenient to use, I've just not been able find frozen mango that's as nice and sweet as a good fresh mango.
- Spinach - Here is an excellent source of several essential vitamins and minerals including Vitamin K. Vitamin K is important for bone health, and spinach is one of the best sources of Vitamin K.
- Banana - Use either a fresh, ripe banana or a frozen one. Just be sure to peel and slice the banana before you freeze it! This is a great way to deal with bananas that you know you won't be able to use up before they become overripe.
- Almond Milk - I tested this recipe with unsweetened almond milk. You could certainly substitute another unsweetened dairy free milk, if you wish.
- Hemp Hearts - Also known as hemp seeds, they're a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and plant-based protein.
Combine all five of the ingredients for your mango spinach smoothie in a blender.
Blend until smooth, and enjoy!
The best, most healthful smoothies are made with whole fruits and vegetables along with an essential fat. Unlike fruit juices, whole fruits retain their fibre when they're blended into smoothies. Combining spinach with fruit is a great way to make consuming nutrition-packed dark, leafy greens more pleasurable.
Yes, you can definitely put raw spinach into a smoothie. It blends beautifully into a creamy drink.
Leftover mango smoothie will keep, sealed in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
More Smoothies for You to Love!
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! 🙂
Mango Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh mango (1 small or ½ large mango) peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen) cut into chunks
- 2 cups fresh spinach packed
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, and enjoy!
- I make this with a ripe, fresh mango. Frozen mango might not produce as sweet a drink.
- You may substitute any other unsweetened dairy free milk that you like.