Deviled Eggs with Bacon are really the ultimate deviled eggs! These ones are made creamy and healthier with avocado. And, who doesn't love bacon! All this, and yet they only take five ingredients to make!
If you're looking for an appetizer to serve people who are on a gluten free, dairy free, keto, or paleo diet, these deviled eggs deliver!
What You'll Need
- Everything Seasoning - You could use store-bought Everything Bagel Seasoning or make your own. Use my recipe for Everything Seasoning to save money and ensure that yours is gluten free.
- Mayonnaise - Use ready made mayonnaise or make your own with pure, simple ingredients.
- Avocado - Choose a nice, ripe avocado that's soft and creamy without being overripe.
How to Make Them
Hard boil the eggs. (There are Instant Pot directions in the recipe notes.) Then plunge them into cold water.
Peel the eggs, slice them in half, and remove the yolks from the whites.
Scoop out the pulp from a nice, ripe avocado.
Mash the avocado with the egg yolks and Everything Seasoning.
Stir in the mayonnaise and chopped bacon.
Spoon the filling back into the egg whites. Sprinkle a little extra bacon on top and serve.
Recipe Tips and FAQ's
I find that eggs that aren't extremely fresh peel better than really fresh ones.
For some reason, eggs also seem to peel easier when they've been hard boiled in the Instant Pot. Chill them by plunging them into cold water as soon as they've cooked.
Tap the boiled egg on the broad end to crack it. That's where the air pocket forms. If you can break into the air pocket immediately, it's a simple matter to then pull the rest of the shell away.
There's a very handy guide for How to Cook Bacon in the Oven from chef Markus at Earth, Food and Fire.
His method is a great way to cook up lots of bacon at once. Perhaps cook the whole pound, even if only a couple of you are having some for breakfast. Then put the rest away in the refrigerator for recipes such as this deviled egg one, for salad topping, for Bacon and Cheese stuffed Mushrooms, or for Creamy Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon.
Because of the avocado in here, these deviled eggs are best served right away. They'll taste fine the next day, but they will look dark.
However, you can boil and peel the eggs a day ahead of time. You can also have your mayonnaise, seasoning, and bacon ready to go.
What are deviled eggs good with?
Deviled Eggs with Bacon
- Instant Pot
- Hard boil the eggs and plunge them into ice water.
- Peel the eggs. Cut them in half. Remove the yolks to a small mixing bowl. Set the whites on a serving plate
- Cut open the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out the inside and add it to the egg yolks in the bowl.
- Add mayonnaise to the egg yolks and avocado. Mash it all together. Stir in the seasoning and chopped bacon. (If you wish, set aside a little chopped bacon for garnish.)
- Scoop the mashed filling into the egg whites, piling it up into high mounds. Garnish with reserved bacon, if desired.
- Serve right away.