This Easy Keto Seed Crackers Recipe makes crisp, well-seasoned wafers great to serve with veggies, cheese, dip, or hummus. Made with four kinds of seeds, they're a nutritionally-packed crunchy, satisfying snack. Keto diet not required. Everyone enjoys them!
Seed Cracker Recipes
A couple months ago, I posted a recipe for flax seed crackers which we really enjoy. In fact, I like them so much that I decided to fine tune a variation and share it with you.
What to Serve with Seed Crackers
These crackers were a big hit when I served them to friends. I think they will be surprised to learn how easy they are to make!
My cheese board is a very simple one. If you'd like to learn how to make a fancier one that's still not too difficult, follow Cassie's directions on Wholefully.com.
Besides serving these on a cheese board, I also serve them on a veggie platter with Vegan Avocado Dip. This makes a great lunch, too!
How to Make Seed Crackers
I used four different types of seeds in this recipe: pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, and chia. You can change the proportions, if you wish, as long as you leave the total volume the same and don't alter the chia seeds or water.
Mix up the seeds and water. Then let them sit for 15 minutes while you preheat the oven and prepare parchment paper.
Oiled parchment paper seems to be the best tool for rolling out the batter without sticking. I use almond or olive oil. Peel off the top layer of parchment before baking.
As you'll see in the video, turning over and cutting up the crackers part way through the baking process, produces the most uniform results. Bake your crackers until they are just beginning to toast around the edges.
These crispy morsels are flavourful and make an addictive snack even without any toppings!
I like that they're study enough for whatever appetizer toppings you might wish to add to them.
Let's Get Social!
Are you making your own seed crackers? Please share a pic on Instagram with the tag @CathysGlutenFree. I'd love to see what you're eating with yours!
You Might Also Like:
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Oil one side of each of two sheets of parchment paper.
- Roll out soaked seed mixture between the two oiled sheets of parchment paper with the oiled sides next to the mixture.
- Roll to an approximately 10" by 14" rectangle.
- Slide the whole thing onto a baker's half sheet. (13" X 18")
- Gently peel off the top parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes rather high up in the oven.
- Remove from oven. Cut into large pieces. Flip the large pieces over and cut each of them into desired size and shape for crackers.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 12 to 15 minutes, until they are dry and just starting to toast around the edges.