An Apple Spinach Smoothie is an easy, refreshing way to start your day! Packed with nutrients and tasting smooth and creamy, it has only 5 ingredients and takes about 5 minutes to make!
I love that we get the health benefits of the rich, green chlorophyl in raw spinach without really tasting it! This spinach and apple smoothie is dairy free, vegan, and can even be nut free if you make it with coconut milk. The kind that comes in a carton will work fine here.
This recipe yields one large 16-ounce (about 500 ml) serving or two smaller ones.
- Apple - Use whatever kind of apple you happen to have on hand. It's not necessary to peel it if you have a high-speed blender.
- Spinach - Fresh, small spinach leaves have the mildest flavour. I usually purchase the baby spinach that comes pre-washed in a clamshell container.
- Banana - Use either a peeled, fresh banana or chunks of frozen banana.
- Nondairy Milk - Either almond milk or cashew milk work well here. For a nut-free smoothie, I recommend the coconut milk that comes in a carton.
- Hemp Hearts - or hemp seeds, are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and plant-based protein.
Simply combine all of the ingredients for your spinach apple smoothie in a blender.
Blend them together until they're smooth.
Pour it into a glass and enjoy!
Recipe FAQ's and Tips
Yes, green smoothies that contain fresh vegetables like spinach are very healthy for you. Avoid any that contain artificial ingredients or added sugars.
Yes. Putting raw spinach into a smoothie is a great way to reap the leafy green's nutritional benefits. Antioxidants that can be destroyed during cooking are maintained when you eat it raw. Spinach is a good source of Vitamin K and magnesium, as well as several other vitamins and minerals.
Spinach has a mild flavour and blends smoothly and easily with a high speed blender, so it's a great addition to smoothies.
Craving more smoothies? Try these ones...
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Apple Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or other nondairy beverage
- 1 banana cut into chunks
- 1 apple cored
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- Add all ingredients to a blender jar in the order given.
- Blend on high speed until smooth, and enjoy.
- This recipe makes one large serving or two small ones.
- Your banana can be either a fresh one or one that you've previously peeled, cut into chunks, and frozen.
- Hemp hearts are sometimes also known as hemp seeds.
- If you don't have a high speed blender, you might want to peel your apple.