This Pineapple Spinach Smoothie is so tasty that I can't get enough of it! Made it with only 5 simple ingredients, the recipe is free from dairy, gluten, and nuts, and suitable for a vegan diet.
As you may know, I'm all about simple, delicious ways to consume raw greens! Have you tried my Apple Spinach Smoothie or the Green Apple Smoothie? I try to eat a big fresh, green salad with homemade dressing on most days. A green smoothie fills a void when that isn't happening. Ideally, both in one day would be the best scenario!
Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Ingredients
- Pineapple - Use chunks of either fresh or frozen pineapple. Canned pineapple would give you the flavour, but you'd loose a little of the nutritional value compared to raw fruit.
- Juice - Use apple or pineapple juice. Either one makes a delicious smoothie!
- Hemp Hearts -Also known as hemp seeds, they're a great source of plant protein.
- Spinach - Use fresh spinach. I have not tested the recipe with frozen.
- Banana - Your banana can be fresh or frozen. If you freeze bananas, peel and cut them into chunks first. They'll blend up much easier than if you freeze them whole.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make a Five-Minute Smoothie
Measure 1 cup (250 ml) of juice into a blender jar. Press in spinach up to the 2-cup (16-oz) mark. Add chunks of pineapple and banana, and sprinkle on some hemp hearts.
Blend the mixture on high speed for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
How to Cut a Pineapple
- Slice the top and bottom off of a fresh pineapple. Stand it on one end and cut it vertically into wedges.
- Lay each wedge on its side. Cut off the hard, inner core.
- Chop off the skin from each wedge.
- Cut the wedges into chunks.
Hint: If your chunks of pineapple or banana are frozen, they will help to keep your smoothie cold. This isn't a concern for me on a cold, winter morning!
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. A high speed blender does the best job of making a smoothie smooth and creamy. You might need to process it a little longer in a regular blender. I like my Blendtec blender.
You'll probably want to drink the entire smoothie right away. If you don't, you can safely store leftovers in the refrigerator for a few hours.
If you're looking for more delicious, nutritious smoothie recipes, you might want to try:
- Green Apple Smoothie
- Mango and Pineapple Smoothie
- Apple Spinach Smoothie
- Mango Spinach Smoothie
- Cherry Berry Smoothie
- Healthy Green Smoothie
Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup pineapple juice (or apple juice)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, pressed into juice in blender to 2-cup mark
- 1 banana peeled and broken into a few chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- Measure the pineapple or apple juice into the blender jar.1 cup pineapple juice
- Gently press in fresh spinach, bringing the juice and spinach up to the 2-cup mark.2 cups fresh spinach,
- Add the remaining ingredients.1 banana, 1 cup pineapple chunks, ¼ cup hemp hearts
- Process on high speed for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- You may use frozen chunks of banana and/or pineapple rather than fresh for this recipe.
- Blend just long enough for your blender to make a smooth drink.