Mango Beef Salad with Avocado makes a lovely lunch or light summertime dinner. Combine a sweet mango and a creamy avocado with nicely seasoned roast beef leftovers, and you have a meal that's sure to become a favourite!
↑ Pin the recipe for later.
Leftover Roast Beef
Have you ever cooked a roast of beef with meat for days and then wondered what to do with the leftovers? I've certainly been there - many times! Now, I've found the answer! In fact, I'll be wanting leftovers, so I can make this salad. From now on, I'll be sure to have mango and avocado on hand when I'm cooking a roast.
Did you get to try the Instant Pot Beef Roast? If you don't have an Instant Pot, no worries. The Gluten Free Spice Mix will work great on any roast beef, however you may cook it. This beef salad is a clever way to use the leftovers!
Not only is using leftover cooked meat in a salad effective meal planning, but also the seasoning on the beef spices up this one nicely. In fact, if you don't have leftover Instant Pot Beef Roast with Gluten Free Spice Mix on hand, you might want to add a little extra seasoning to your salad.
Advance Preparation for Beef Salad
If you'd like to do some advance preparation for the beef salad, you can make the dressing up to a couple days ahead. The other ingredients can be prepared earlier in the day, with the exception of the avocado. Everything should be tossed together just before serving. Cut the avocado just before tossing, so it doesn't turn brown.
Show it Off!
I hope you'll try this salad for yourself. When you do, take a little Instagram pic, and tag me @CathysGlutenFree. I'd love to see your creation!
- 4 cups lettuce (mesclun mix)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups cooked roast beef sliced (leftovers from Instant Pot Beef Roast with Gluten Free Seasoning)
- 1 mango peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 - 4 radishes sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Gluten Free Worstershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Sriracha hot chili sauce or to taste
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Gently toss in remaining ingredients, and serve right away.