Chocolate Avocado Pudding is a rich, creamy, chocolate dessert. You'd never guess there's avocado in it! Made with only six ingredients, including salt and water, it's served raw and takes only a couple of minutes to make!
This dessert is packed with healthy fats and antioxidants. It's also free from inflammatory gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, eggs, and refined sugar. Easily whipped up in a food processor, it requires no cooking and is ready right away!
What Goes into It
- Raw Cacao - Raw cacao is made by cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans, whereas cocoa powder is raw cacao that has been roasted. Naturally, roasting reduces the nutritional enzyme content. However, if you don't have any cacao on hand, cocoa powder will work in this recipe.
- Avocado - You really need a soft, ripe avocado for this recipe to work. It's what provides the creamy base of the pudding. It can be a little tricky to know how ripe an avocado is before you cut it open. The fruit should feel a little soft in your hand rather than rock hard. The colour will have mostly turned dark from the brighter green of an unripe avocado. When an avocado is ripe, the little piece at the end where the stem was attached will pull away easily.
- Honey - Raw honey is a good source of antioxidants with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
How do you make homemade pudding from scratch?
Combine all six of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
Puree the ingredients until they form a smooth, creamy pudding.
Garnish servings of pudding with optional coconut flakes, chopped nuts, whipped coconut cream, Cashew Yogurt, or even whipped dairy cream.
Recipe FAQ's and Tips
If you don't have a food processor, you can mash the ingredients together by hand. Start by mashing the soft avocado. Then blend in the other ingredients until smooth.
Leftover pudding will last a day or two in the refrigerator if it's well covered.
Craving More Chocolate? Try these...
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Chocolate Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls with Chocolate Chips
This recipe makes two large servings or four small ones.
It's easy to recalculate my recipes for different numbers of servings! Click on the number of servings, change it, and the ingredient measurements (but not the metric ones 🙁 ) will adjust accordingly! 🙂
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup (60 ml) raw honey
- ¼ cup (28 g) raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (1 g) fine sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree. Alternatively, you could mash the avocado and mix ingredients together vigorously by hand.
- It's important to use a soft, ripe avocado.
- Either raw cacao or regular cocoa powder will work.
- Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for a day or two.
- Top with whipped cream (if you can have dairy), coconut whipped cream, or cashew yogurt. Garnish with fresh fruit, flaked coconut, and/or chopped nuts (if you can have them).
Leave a Reply