These no-bake Peanut Butter Balls with Chocolate Chips are a tasty, 5-ingredient snack that you can whip up in 15 minutes! Free from gluten, dairy, and eggs, they’ll suit a variety of dietary restrictions, too!
A Few Notes on the Ingredients
It’s important to use gluten free oats if you need to avoid gluten. Most oats have gluten in them, so look for gluten free on the label. I have written more about this here in the paragraph on Oats.
Use pure, natural peanut butter. It’s just simply ground up peanuts. There should be no sugar or anything else added to it.
Unsweetened Flaked Coconut
Coconut “pieces” come in a variety of sizes and shapes from shreds, large or small flakes, to tiny little crumbs. Any of them will probably work in this recipe, but I find that a medium-sized flake or shred forms well into the balls.
If you can’t find unsweetened coconut, cut back on the honey in the recipe.
Raw honey provides some excellent health benefits. It’s a great antioxidant with antibacterial and anti-fungal properties and can help with digestion and also soothe a sore throat.
Choose dairy free chocolate chips if being dairy free is important to you. Also, make sure that you’re using real, dark chocolate. This is the kind that melts nicely in your fingers.
How to Make Them
Combine the oats and coconut in one bowl.
Stir honey into the peanut butter.
Stir the two mixtures together.
Add the chocolate chips, and shape them into balls with wet hands.
You Might Also Like
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Balls
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free quick oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Stir together oats and coconut.
- In another small bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey.
- Stir the two mixtures together, and stir in the chocolate chips.
- With wet hands, shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls.
- Enjoy right away and refrigerate those that remain.