This Gluten Free Pecan Pie is a favourite at potlucks and family holiday celebrations. People don’t even know it’s gluten free unless I tell them! It’s right up there with my Gluten Free Butter Tarts.
I was honoured to be asked to make some gluten free pies for a friend’s wedding last weekend. I made this Pecan Pie, Apple Pie and a strawberry rhubarb one. It was not just the gluten-free-only people who enjoyed them! The pecan pie was the first one to be cleaned up.
As the pie cooks, the pecans float to the top, leaving a delightful, sweet custard between them and the crust.
Yes, there’s more sugar in here than I usually eat. Keep in mind that this is a treat for special occasions. Enjoy it in small pieces once in awhile.
Special Ingredients for Gluten Free Pecan Pie
The Best Gluten Free Pie Crust
One of the things that truly sets this pie apart from other gluten free pies is the special gluten free crust. It’s important to use the Best Gluten Free Pie Crust. The recipe will make enough for five single pie crusts. If you don’t plan to use all of the dough right away, it will freeze well. Simply divide it into five equal balls and wrap them. Freeze any that you won’t be using in two or three days, and keep the rest in the refrigerator.
How to Make Gluten Free Pecan Pie
Prepare a single gluten free pie crust.
Whisk the eggs.
One by one, add the other filling ingredients, whisking after each addition.
Stir in the nuts.
Pour the whisked filling into the unbaked pie crust.
Form a collar of aluminum foil and wrap it around the edge of the pie for the first 25 minutes of baking to prevent the crust from overbrowning.
Remove the foil collar and continue to bake for another 25 minutes. Cool before serving.
This is the pie plate I use.
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- 1 single gluten free crust (The recipe makes enough for 5 single crusts.)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cups organic raw sugar
- dash sea salt
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (Use coconut oil for dairy free.)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare and roll out a single pie crust. Lift it into a 9-inch pie plate, turn under and pinch the edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Continue whisking as you add each ingredient one by one. Finally, stir in the pecans.
- Carefully pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell.
- Cover the edges of the pie shell with a foil collar.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 347 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 90mg Sodium: 115mg Carbohydrates: 44g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 40g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g