Gluten Free Peach Pie is a delicious, classic, homemade “from scratch” pie that no one will know is gluten free unless you tell them! It can very easily be made dairy free, too, if necessary.
The crust is flakey, and the amazing natural flavour of fresh peaches shines through, augmented by a little raw sugar.
I love when fresh local peaches reach our stores! My husband remembers the peach pie that the mother of a friend served him when he was a teenager, and he asks for one almost every year. I’m happy to oblige!
How to Peel Fresh Peaches
If your peaches are nice and ripe, the skins will just pull off. Grab a little with the tip of a paring knife and gently pull it down the length of the peach.
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
If the peaches haven’t ripened enough for this to work, there’s another trick that my mother taught me. Place the peaches you’ll be using in a heatproof bowl. Pour on enough boiling water to entirely cover the fruit. Leave the peaches in the hot water for only a minute or so. You don’t want to leave them long enough to cook, just long enough to loosen the skins. Then, lift the peaches out right away with a slotted spoon, or carefully pour all of the boiling water off. Handle the peaches cautiously, as they’ll be very hot at first.
Gluten Free Pie Crust
It’s not too difficult to make peach pie filling gluten free. The thing that makes this recipe amazing is the special Gluten Free Pie Crust! I could go on and on about this pie crust! You really need to try it for yourself. When I serve pies made with it to my friends, they tell me how good it is. I hear that it’s the best pie crust they’ve tasted! These are not only gluten free people! I serve this to everyone!
How to Make Gluten Free Peach Pie
Add lemon juice to freshly sliced peaches.
Mix tapioca, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg with raw sugar.
Add sliced peaches to the sugar mixture and toss gently until combined.
Add the peach mixture to a bottom gluten free pie crust. Daub with a little butter, if using.
Cover the pie with a top gluten free crust, and pinch the crusts together around the edge.
Place a foil collar over the edges to prevent over-browning.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the collar, and continue baking for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.
More Gluten Free Pie Recipes
- Apple Pie
- Pear Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Raisin Pie
- Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- The Best Gluten Free Pie Crust
Gluten Free Peach Pie
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry for the bottom pie crust to approximately 11-inches in diameter. Place it in a 9-inch pie plate and trim it even with the edges.
- Add lemon juice to sliced peaches.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in the peaches with lemon juice. Set aside while you prepare the top crust.
- Roll out the top crust, making it larger than the pie plate.
- Pour the peach filling mixture into the bottom crust.
- Dot with butter, if using.
- Cover with top crust. Trim it to about 1/2" beyond the edges. Gently fold the excess edges in between the bottom crust and plate. Pinch the edges together to form a nice pattern all the way around.
- Cover the edge with a foil collar to prevent over-browning.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake another 20 to 25 minutes until crust is golden brown, peaches are tender, and juices are bubbly.
- Serve warm.