Strawberry Spinach Salad with Feta and Poppy Seed Dressing is quick, easy, and elegant! Made with only five ingredients, it comes together in minutes. Celebrate spring with fresh strawberries!
I love that this fresh salad is so well received at picnics, Easter dinner, Mother's Day luncheon, or any potluck you may attend, while also being incredibly easy to make! Spinach and fresh strawberries are loaded with nutrients. And if you use my Poppy Seed Dressing recipe, it's free from refined sugars.
Ingredients for Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Pecans - I like to use either raw or toasted pecans. They're not candied pecans, because this is easier and sugar-free. If you have some candied pecans that you'd like to use, go ahead and add them.
- Feta - I use goat's milk feta, because it's easier to tolerate digestively than cow's milk feta. Use whichever one you prefer.
- Poppy Seed Dressing - It's easy to make your own poppy seed dressing with my refined-sugar-free recipe.
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
Layer spinach, freshly washed, hulled, and halved strawberries, pecan halves, and crumbled feta cheese into a bowl
Drizzle poppy seed dressing over it all just before serving.
Recipe Tips and FAQ's
You can layer the spinach, strawberries, and feta cheese ahead. At this point, keep the salad covered in the refrigerator. I recommend adding the pecans and poppy seed dressing just before serving.
I like to put poppy seed dressing on a strawberry spinach salad. I think the creamy sweetness is just perfect for it!
Spinach is low in carbs, high in fibre, and contains many vitamins and minerals. Strawberries are also packed with vitamins, fibre, and lots of antioxidants. Goat's milk feta cheese is lower in lactose and casein than cow's milk cheese, so it's easier for some people to digest. Add the refined-sugar-free poppyseed dressing, and you have a salad that's very good for you!
Want to use some more strawberries while they're fresh? Try...
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Feta and Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1.75 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 8 strawberries hulled and sliced in half
- 1 ounce pecan halves
- 1.75 ounces goat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
- Layer spinach, strawberries, pecans, and feta cheese into a serving bowl, individual bowl, or plate.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad and serve.