Fruit Salad with Whipped Cream is simply a lovely combination of fresh fruit and whipped cream! Serve it as a side salad or even for dessert! With blueberries, it's a red, white, and blue dish for the Fourth of July. If you use only red raspberries and strawberries, it's perfect for Canada Day or Christmas! This recipe uses about six ingredients and comes together in 10 minutes!
As usual, I like my food to be as healthful and delicious as possible. For this salad, fresh fruits and berries pack a nutritional punch. Then, I use pure heavy whipping cream. Try to find one with no added ingredients, or at least, as few as possible. Sweeten that with just a little pure maple syrup, and you have a pretty awesome dish!
- Apples don't need to be peeled. Just core and chop them after washing. Dipping the chunks in lemon juice helps to keep them from turning brown.
- Banana chunks also benefit from a dip in lemon juice.
- Grapes are easier to eat when they've been sliced in half.
- Berries - Use any combination of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries that adds up to one cup altogether.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - Try to find this with as few added ingredients as possible.
- Pure Maple Syrup - Just a touch of natural sweetener might be needed to give you the taste you expect from whipped cream.
- Wash and prepare your fruit. Core and chop the apples. Peel and slice the banana. Slice the grapes in half. Dip your apple and banana chunks in lemon juice to keep them fresh.
2. Whip the cream with maple syrup, and add it to the prepared fruit.
3. Stir it all together and serve your Fruit Salad with Whipped Cream.
Recipe Tips and FAQ's
Cool Whip contains hydrogenated oils, glucose-fructose, corn syrup, artificial flavours, and colour. I would much rather use real cream with a little maple syrup. However, if you do decide to use Cool Whip, use 1 ½ cups (the whipped amount) and omit the maple syrup.
Berries and peaches are excellent with whipped cream. Obviously, apples and bananas go well, too.
More Recipes You Might Like
Fruit Salad with Whipped Cream
- 2 apples cored and cut into chunks
- 1 banana peeled and sliced into chunks
- 1 cup grapes halved
- 1 cup berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Prepare the fruit. There's no need to peel the apples. Core the apples and cut them into chunks. Peel and cut the banana into chunks. Slice the grapes in half.
- Whip the cream with maple syrup until stiff peaks form when you lift the beaters.
- Gently stir the fruit and whipped cream together and serve.
- Dipping the apple and banana chunks into a little lemon juice helps to keep them from turning brown.
- The prepared salad will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. For freshest results, make it the day you will serve it.