If you're looking for an easy delicious homemade granola recipe, you'll want to try this one! It's a beautiful sweet and salty breakfast cereal recipe that makes a big batch and will have you coming back morning after morning! It's also a great snack or topping for ice cream or yogurt with berries.
I love that this is easily a gluten free granola recipe if you use certified gluten free oats to make it. You can change up the nuts and seeds as long as you keep the total quantities the same. For a vegan breakfast, just replace the honey with some more maple syrup.
What You'll Need to Make This Homemade Granola Recipe
- Oats - Make sure that your oats are certified gluten free if you need your granola to be gluten free.
- Honey - You can make this a vegan dish by replacing the honey with more maple syrup.
How do you make granola from scratch?
Combine coconut oil, honey (if using), and maple syrup.
Place the oats, nuts, seeds, salt, and cinnamon in a roasting pan.
Stir it all together and bake it in the oven.
After the granola has finished baking, stir in the raisins and dried cranberries.
Recipe FAQ's and Tips
By making your own granola, you control what goes into it. Use pure, natural ingredients, so you know it's good for you.
There can be gluten in granola, so be careful. This homemade granola recipe is gluten free as long as you use certified gluten free oats. While oats are naturally gluten free, there is usually cross contamination from other grains such as wheat in oatmeal that is not certified gluten free.
It certainly is cheaper to make your own granola. If you look carefully at store-bought granolas, you'll notice that they are heavy on oats and low on the more expensive nuts and seeds. Making your own homemade granola recipe will cost less than a comparable one with the same ingredients in the same quantities.
Save even more by making your own homemade Oat Milk to pour over it.
Homemade granola will last two weeks or more when stored at room temperature. You can freeze it to keep it longer.
More Recipes for Your GF Oats
Homemade Granola Recipe
- 1 cup (237 ml) coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) raw honey (Replace with 3 more tablespoons maple syrup for vegan.)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) maple syrup
- 4 cups (360 g) gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup (142 g) sesame seeds
- 1 cup (133 g) raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup (93 g) unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup (70 g) sliced almonds
- 1 ½ teaspoons (4 g) cinnamon
- 1 ¼ teaspoons (8 g) sea salt
- ¾ cup (113 g) sultana raisins
- ¾ cup (98 g) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Combine liquid coconut oil, honey, and maple syrup. (The coconut oil and honey can be melted in the preheating oven, if necessary.)
- In a large roasting pan, stir together the oatmeal, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, almonds, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the liquid coconut oil mixture until the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Stir. Return to oven. Turn the oven off, and leave the granola sitting in there for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in raisins and cranberries.
- If you don't have a large roasting pan for your homemade granola recipe, mix the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and spread it all out onto large baking sheets. You'll need watch your granola closely as it's baking. It will brown faster on baking sheets than in a roasting pan, so may need less time.
- Make your granola vegan but replacing the honey with more maple syrup.
Leave a Reply