This Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas recipe makes a tasty meal that can be prepared in 30 minutes, including the gluten free tortillas!
These fajitas are easy to make, a little messy to eat, but absolutely delicious! I'll bet you can't stop at just one!
Last week, I published my recipe for Homemade Taco Seasoning. If you've already mixed it up, you'll be ready to use some here. Gluten Free Tortillas make an excellent soft, flexible wrap to hold your Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas together, and I recommend Cashew Yogurt as a garnish along with some salsa. Cashew Yogurt adds a creamy tanginess that finishes off the fajitas perfectly!
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Set two nonstick baking sheets into the oven and turn it on to preheat. Preheating your pans gets them sizzling hot when you add the meat and veggies.
- While the oven is preheating, wash and remove the seeds and stems from two colourful bell peppers. Slice them into half-inch slices.
- Peel two cooking onions, and slice them into quarter-inch wedges.
- Slice skinless, boneless chicken into quarter-inch strips. I prefer thigh meat for my fajitas, because it's moist and flavourful. Breast meat will work, but it will be a little drier.
- Toss vegetables and meat with some oil and seasoning. Spread them out on hot baking sheets to cook for 20 minutes.
- While your filling is roasting in the oven, prepare Gluten Free Tortillas on the stovetop.
- If your tortillas are not still warm enough, wrap them in foil. Five minutes before the cooking time for the fajita filling is up, give it a stir, push it to one side a little, and tuck in the foil-wrapped tortillas to warm up.
- To serve, spread a little Cashew Yogurt and salsa onto a tortilla. Spoon on some fajita filling. Squeeze a little lime juice over it, and add a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, if you like.
- Enjoy the juicy goodness!
When you're in the mood for another sheet pan dinner, try Sheet Pan Dinner with Chicken and Vegetables.
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Do I need to line my sheet pans?
I use nonstick pans like these ones, so I didn't need to line them. Any browning that remains after roasting just wipes right off.
While all of the ingredients for this recipe would fit onto one pan, I use two. By spreading everything out and giving it some space, it will cook faster and have a more traditional fajita texture. Don't crowd all of your meat and veggies onto one pan, or they would be more steamed than roasted.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, sliced into 1/2" strips
- 2 bell peppers cut into 1/2" strips
- 2 yellow onions cut into 1/4" wedges
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten free taco seasoning mix
- 8 gluten free tortillas
- Cashew Yogurt for garnish
- salsa for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Insert two baking sheets into preheating oven.
- Slice peppers, onions, and chicken.
- Toss vegetables and meat with oil and seasoning.
- Spread out onto hot pans, leaving space between the pieces. Return pans to oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Gluten Free Tortillas on stovetop.
- If your tortillas need to be warmed, wrap them in foil, and tuck them into a corner of a pan for last five minutes of roasting.