Gluten Free Cranberry Almond Biscotti is a delicious, crunchy treat for dipping into coffee or any hot beverage you choose. Make your own with wholesome, healthful ingredients and enjoy them often this holiday season!
Origin of Biscotti
Biscotti originated in Italy. The word biscotti means twice baked. Apparently the first biscotti were made with almonds. How convenient that almond flour is perfect for gluten free baking!
Cranberry Almond Biscotti
Cranberry Almond Biscotti is an excellent holiday treat! First, we bake our dough in a flat log or loaf shape. Then, we slice it up and bake the slices a second time as individual cookies. The second baking gives them a good crunch. That's why they're so popular for dipping!
How do you store gluten free biscotti?
If you have any biscotti that doesn't get eaten right away, store it in an airtight container in a cool place. I keep mine in the refrigerator, because there are no artificial preservatives in them.
Can You Freeze Biscotti?
If you'd like to keep your biscotti more than a few days, they will freeze well. Sealed in an airtight container, they will keep nicely for a month or two. You can then pop them into a hot oven for a few minutes to freshen them up, if you want to, but it's not necessary. And if you can't wait for them to thaw, they're pretty good frozen, too! 'just sayin'
Would you like more allergy-friendly cookie recipes?
- Honey Ginger Meringues are free from grains, dairy, and nuts
- Ginger Cookies are free from grains and dairy
- Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins are free from gluten and nuts
- Lemon Coconut Chia Balls are free from gluten, dairy, eggs, and nuts
- Gingerbread Cookies are free from grains and dairy
- Lavender Biscotti are free from grains and dairy
More Cranberry Recipes
- Cranberry Apricot Bars
- Festive Cranberry Salad with Chicken and Pecans
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Sauce with Mango
Gluten Free Cranberry Almond Biscotti
- baking sheet
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Assemble your ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. (Either by hand or with an electric mixer) Beat in the sugar until it is smoothly creamed into the butter. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries.
- Press the dough out into a long, flat shape, about 4-inches wide on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool for 10 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices about ½-inch thick. Return to pan, spread out individually, and bake for another 20 minutes.